Thursday, May 7, 2015

Quick Crazy-Night Dinner & Healthy Banana Muffins

Okay.  I'm totally freaked out.  I registered for the Huntsville Half-Monte Marathon in September!  Aahhhh!  I'm committed.  And scared.  And nervous.  And excited.  And I'm buying a training book as soon as Little Red is over.  I'm also re-reading another fitness nutrition book in preparation that I'll share with you at a later date.  Aaaaahhh!   Aaaahhhhh!  What have I done?

Here are a couple of great recipes from our group again!  I just love it when you tell me what to make.  Keep the ideas coming.  We all benefit from sharing.

Kelly sent the perfect quick balanced meal idea that is loaded with protein and healthy veggies.  Use Aidells Chicken Meatballs for healthy protein that is loaded with flavor.  She got hers at Costco, and I found mind at Smith's in the wall deli.  Score!


She roasted brussels sprouts, zucchini, and broccoli, baked a spaghetti squash, added a smidge of red pasta sauce and topped it with the meatballs.  Nutrition perfection!  Thanks, Kelly!  I'm headed to the store right now to grab some for tonight.



Nann brought these fabulous healthy banana muffins to our Work-It Circuit yesterday.  With bananas and applesauce for sweetener and to replace the oil, a reduced amount of natural sugar & honey, and whole wheat flour, you can feel really good about treating yourself to one of these.  I said one.  Obviously I cannot be trusted.  Someone please take them away from me.  After that killer workout I was ready to eat the whole platter!  Seriously delicious and moist.


Link to Recipe: Whole Wheat Banana Bread


The only changes Nann made was to use raw sugar and almond milk.

Like Sally says: "No butter, no oil, 100% whole wheat, 100% actually tasting good."  

I'm sold.  Thanks, Nann!

Whole Wheat Banana Bread Recipe on sallysbakingaddiction.com No oil, no butter, whole wheat, and actually tasting GREAT.

Now you have a quick dinner and a healthy treat.  You just aced dinner time, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment