Saturday, February 21, 2015

Books for Teens





Okay, so to me finding a good book is IMPOSSIBLE. I've read a lot. I don't consider reading to be my regular hobby but once in a while I like to snuggle down with a good book. Some of the books I've read are; Harry Potter series (twice), Hunger Games series, Great Expectations, Tale of Two Cities, Jane Eyre, Book Thief, The Giver, Turtle in Paradise, and many many others. Some of these I read in two or three days. For my Honors English class every term we are given a list of books and we have to pick one to read that term. I read them and I enjoy them. The last one I read was Jane Eyre, which I absolutely ADORE, but I still want to find more books to read. Being in Junior High makes it even harder to find books. We have to have a certain number of book points to get an "A", but we can only read books off the ninth grade book list. So of course wanting an "A" I read what I have to. I just recently finished The Book Thief and let me tell you it was AMAZING!I read it in two days and I cried sooooo much! This book had the right combination of sadness and joy to make it incredible. Although finding books seems IMPOSSIBLE there are really good books out there. The books I have read have become my favorite. To find good books you have to ask for recommendations and you don't have to read garbage, don't be afraid to stop reading when needed. When you find a great book it becomes  a GEM. 

Happy Reading!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are great book recommendations! I'm going to add them to my 'to read' book list.

    ReplyDelete